Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Guest Room Dresser

About a year ago I bought this dresser on craigslist, with the intent to paint it and make it look nicer. I finally got around to it just before Christmas. Here it is in all it's glory- I'd already taken the knobs off when I remembered I needed a before picture. The white paint on the top is from resting shelves I was painting on top of the dresser.

I sanded the white paint off the top, then mixed up some chalk paint. I'd heard good things about it, and decided to give it a try. I used blue paint leftover from painting the front door and added some white paint to tone the color down a bit. I spray painted the knobs white and then reattached them.

I love the result!
The dresser is in our guest room, but since I haven't done anything else in the guest room yet, there's nothing else to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment