Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's hot air balloon season

Last Sunday I was putting stuff in the car before church when I heard a loud noise. I thought it was just a car being turned on next door. Then I heard the noise again, only it was above me. I looked around, then finally looked up, and coming through the trees next door, right above our house, was a hot air balloon! I ran in and got LMS, and she was very excited to see a hot air balloon.

Saturday morning I was laying in bed, telling myself I needed to get up and get moving, when I heard the noise (the burner) again. I raced downstairs, grabbed my camera, and stood on the front porch and took some pictures.

To give perspective, that's our flag that hangs on the porch and the trees are between our house and the house next door.

I need to find out who's running the balloon rides- I would love to take a ride in a hot air balloon. My sixth grade science project was on hot air balloons, and I've been fascinated with them ever since. LMS keeps talking about going for a ride, too. Though I think she expects to go in a pink princess balloon. Haven't seen any of those around...

No comments:

Post a Comment