Monday, May 14, 2018

Weekly Mileage #60

love all the green!

This week I did pretty good at keeping to my schedule, which meant that the number of workouts increased, and I was more intentional with my time. Time blocking and alarms on my phone are keeping me from getting hung up on one task while ignoring other tasks that need to be taken care of.


However, I didn't ride my bike on Monday because I was still fighting a sore throat. It wasn't terrible, but enough to make me feel unmotivated to spend time on my bike.

I did ride my bike on Wednesday though, and I increased my speed, so it was a better workout than I've gotten in the past (which was one complaint I had about riding my bike).


Thursday we finally went for a hike, and the weather was perfect when we started- 70*, though it was 80* by the time we finished. Spring hikes are the best- we saw baby geese, turtles, polliwogs, lots of flowers, and a large tree chewed down by a beaver (multiple beavers?). We still can't find the beaver dam, but it's gotta be around there somewhere.


We played in the stream, which is always a hit with the kiddos. Ocean walked straight into the water at one point- he was ready to start splashing around. We decided we need to bring along our water sandals next time.


We also found this tree that was rotten in the center, so when it fell over, the bark just kind of bent.


Friday after we dropped Sunshine off at co-op, the boys and I attempted another hike, but it was a disaster. We walked about a quarter mile up the trail, and then I somehow managed to spray my hand with my bear spray (the clip that's supposed to keep this from happening had fallen out), and we had to head home so I could get cleaned up.

before the disaster

I was able to wipe the spray off at the car with baby wipes, but the oils were still there. When we got home I washed and washed and washed and washed with Dawn detergent to get the oils off, but they'd been sitting on my skin for about an hour, so I was only partially successful. Let's just say the next 18 hours were not pleasant and I've decided to carry just pepper spray unless we're in the back country. I've carried pepper spray since I was a teenager, and never set it off accidentally. I've carried bear spray for less than a year and have managed to set if off twice on accident (the first time wasn't direct skin contact).

Saturday I felt a lot better, but still not great, so I skipped my run, though I did haul some branches and logs from the pine tree we cut down awhile ago, so I did get some upper body work in at least.

Weekly Mileage
Wednesday- 5.00 miles on the bike
Thursday- 2.33 miles hiked
Friday-  .5 miles walked outside
    total- 7.83 miles

5 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
65.89 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
90.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment