Monday, December 7, 2015

Virtual Marathon Progress


I walked on the treadmill two days last week for a total of 4.71 miles. I wanted more days and some actual running, but I'm happy with what I did.

I signed up for the Army Virtual Marathon (there's still time to sign up), which I'm completing as a cumulative project, just like the Hill Valley Virtual Half Marathon. So the 4.71 miles I walked last week put me 4.71 miles towards the 26.2 miles I need.


The last couple weeks I've been feeling stressed and overwhelmed and less able to cope with things, so some of the tasks I wanted to accomplish last week didn't happen. No running. Only two days on the treadmill. Didn't finish blog posts (I still need to finish posts about Sunshine's Ahsoka Tano costume and Ocean's 4 month progress). Didn't get more done on the shelves I'm building for Sunshine's room. Didn't get my eBay listings up.

On the other hand, I did get some things on my list done. I walked on the treadmill two days. Hung the Christmas tree lights on the porch. Put the kids' advent calendar up (5 days late, but still up!). Christmas decorations up.  Christmas tree bought and decorated. Took photos for eBay listings. Finally finished the baby gyms I started two months ago (I'll share those later this week).

Gotta focus on the positive, not the negative. 

What I did, rather than what I did not.

On a side note, I don't know that I really would have been able to run. I finally bought some flats (I haven't owned any in several years because my orthotics don't fit in them) because I wanted to have shoes that are a little nicer for church. Unfortunately, I got a massive blister on the back of one heel and my running shoe rubs against that spot a bit as well. I've got some moleskin for future wearings, but it's a bit like closing the barn door after the horse gets out.

A couple months ago I mentioned diffusing essential oils at night to combat the baby blues.  I got a bit busy lately and for a week I didn't take the two extra minutes before bed to get the diffuser set up. This was a mistake, and is a major contributing factor to my feelings of overwhelm. I've started diffusing every night again, but it's not an immediate turn-around. I'm seeing improvement, but it'll take a couple more days before I feel back to normal.

Of course, 4 or 5 days in a row of gray clouds and rain last week didn't help me feel energetic and motivated either.

The week ended with several sunny days and me feeling more on top of things. Friday and Saturday I was much more productive than I was Monday and Tuesday. So that's a win for me. How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment