Monday, December 28, 2015

Running Out of Time

Have you seen these two person swings? I guess the adult is supposed to sit where Sunshine is so the little one can see them and feel secure. River enjoyed it right up until they actually started swinging and then he wanted out of there. One of these days I'll have to try sitting on the swing and see if he likes it better.

Last week was another busy one. Recovering from our road trip, finishing Christmas preparations, getting our Christmas cards out finally, and enjoying a quiet Christmas occupied our time pretty well.

In the interest of decreasing my stress levels I didn't try to squeeze in a workout until Saturday. As much as I wanted to exercise (and really need to exercise) I just didn't have the time to do so and it was stressing me out. I gave myself permission not to worry about it, and it made the week a lot easier. Saturday evening after my sister headed back home and the kiddos were in bed I hopped on the treadmill and walked and ran 5.07 miles.

It was nice not to feel like I should be doing something else with my time and it was nice to work up a sweat and get my body moving again.

This was the third leg of my Army Virtual Marathon and brings my mileage to 9.8 miles. My goal is to finish by New Year's Eve, and while I still believe I can do it, I hadn't planned on having such a high mileage week right before my New Year's Day 5k. This could turn out to be a good thing, or a bad thing. I'm really not sure which at this point.

Four days to complete 16.4 miles means an average of 4.1 miles a day. I'll do longer runs on Monday and Tuesday so I can taper off Wednesday and Thursday before running the New Year's Day 5k on Friday. I'll end the year on a high note and plan to start the new year with a renewed commitment to make the time in my schedule for exercising. My body needs it and my coping ability needs it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment