Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wood Play Kitchen

LMS used to have a plastic Little Tikes play kitchen, but I sold it about a year and a half ago. It was too big and too much plastic. I promised LMS I'd build her another play kitchen, and I FINALLY got around to it, just in time for Christmas. Literally :) I put the finishing touches on it Saturday night so she would have it Christmas morning.

I wanted a one piece kitchen, so I drew up my own plans, combining this plan and this one from AnaWhite.com. I added a door to the sink cabinet- I liked that a lot more than the curtain or leaving it open.

The stove burners are wood circles I found at Michaels and the stove knobs are wood wheels I found Hobby Lobby. The polka dot cabinet knob is also from Hobby Lobby. The stove handle is a random handle (from a sliding glass door, I think) that I got at the Habitat ReStore for $1 and then spray painted pink. I also found the faucet at the Habitat ReStore, and the sink bowl is a doggy bowl from wally world. The hardware and plexiglass for the oven door came from Lowes.

I cut the flowers from pink vinyl with my Silhouette. I personally think there's a few too many flowers on the kitchen (I got a bit carried away), but LMS loves it, so I'll leave it as-is for now. Eventually I might start peeling a flower off here, a flower off there....

I think it turned out great, and LMS loves playing with it!



3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I wish I were as handy as you. My first thought when I saw this? Wow--that's a lot of flowers! :) I'm sure LMS is just giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the double comment--silly blogger!

    ReplyDelete