Saturday, December 4, 2010

The New and Improved Little Miss Sunshine

Last week I was getting my eyes checked and I felt impressed to make an appointment for LMS to get hers checked. I talked to the people at the doctor's office and they were very supportive of me bringing her in. So  Monday I took LMS to the eye doctor and it turns out there was a reason I needed to bring her in. Her left eye is worse than either of my eyes. Her right eye also needs some correction, but isn't nearly as bad as her left eye.

We ordered some glasses and they came in last night. Isn't she cute?
(at the eye doctor's last night)
(the red spot on her forehead is from leaving a bandaid on for too long)

 (at home this morning)

They're purple princess glasses!

I sure wish there was cute glasses around when I was a kid and got my first glasses.
(I so am not posting pictures of me back then- glasses in the 80s were just wrong!)

LMS thought Lambie needed some glasses, so I made some from pipe cleaners. She then decided that a bunch of her other animals also needed glasses, so we made some for them too.


LMS will have to wear glasses the rest of her life, but in the meantime we're working on strengthening her left eye. This means we patch her right eye for two hours each day, five days a week.

I talk this up by telling her she gets to be a pirate every morning.
This worked until Thursday morning when she was wearing her purple fairy costume. Then she came to me and told me she wanted the patch off because she was a fairy, and fairies can't be pirates  :)
LMS wasn't super cooperative for this photo (hence the expression on her face). She's got a Jasmine bandaid under the occluder patch.

 It's hard to tell (LMS took this photo), but Lambie has a Jasmine bandaid over her eye too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment