Friday, December 12, 2014

Great News!

A few weeks ago we received some unexpected, but very welcome and exciting, news.
yes, I totally take pictures of my positive pregnancy tests- I have them for Sunshine and River too

It took 4 years to get pregnant with Sunshine and another almost 7 years to get pregnant with River, so we weren't sure if we'd be able to get pregnant again. The fact that it happened so soon is good, since it means River and the baby will be pretty close in age (about 22.5 months apart if the baby's on time), something we wanted for Sunshine, though it obviously never happened.

Interestingly, when I went to the doctor to get a referral to the ob/gyn (our insurance is archaic that way), I was asked if we had planned the pregnancy. I don't remember being asked that before. In any case, no, this wasn't planned. But neither were Sunshine or River :) In fact, the two times we tried to "plan" things, I miscarried. So we don't plan our pregnancies. Though I do remember thinking this past summer that if I got pregnant in the next few months River could have a sibling close to his age and I could still accomplish my 40 by 40 goal. I'm writing a post about my 40 by 40 goal and how it'll be impacted by this pregnancy, so more on that in a few days.

This summer was supposed to be a family reunion/road trip summer, but that won't be happening. I'm due the middle of July- right when we're usually traveling. We did the road trip thing when I was at the beginning of my third trimester when I was pregnant with River, but there's no way I'm driving cross-country while days away from my due date. And I'm pretty sure the airlines wouldn't let me on (which makes me wonder how far along that lady was who gave birth on a Southwest Airlines flight this week and how she managed to get on the plane). We haven't decided yet if we'll try for a spring or fall trip instead since we need to wait and see what's going on with Mr M's job at that point.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That's amazing! I'm rooting for another boy...2 brothers close in age sounds great! :)

    ReplyDelete