Friday, April 12, 2013

Sprout Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide


This month the boys are planting seeds and building planters, so I decided to do a plant-related neckerchief slide.

I used 1.5" wood discs as the base, then hot glued a short piece of thin green yarn for the stem. Then I hot glued a small piece of tan craft foam across the bottom as dirt. The leaves are foam stickers that came in a package from JoAnns that included hedgehogs, snails, and lady bugs. I peeled the paper backing off, then added a dab of glue to the wood before sticking the leaves on. The last step was to glue a piece of conduit to the back.


Before we went to scouts, I had all the pieces pre-cut and ready to go: all the boys had to do was glue the pieces together using a low-temp glue gun (under supervision, of course).

These were the only leaves I could find, and I think the whole thing almost looks a little like a tree, but they're living plants, so it's all good :) If I was more artistic, I might have cut and drawn our leaves, but I didn't have the time or energy to mess with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment