Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The difficulties of multiple food allergies

There's nothing quite as heartbreaking as standing in the natural foods store, telling LMS we can't buy the animal cookies that we've bought in the past. She broke down and started crying- loudly. Not that I blame her, because there's definitely times I feel like crying about being so limited in our food options.

The animal cookies in question contain corn starch, which was added to our no-no list since the last time we bought them.

Luckily for us, an employee came by to help, as did a fellow customer- both of who (whom?) gave suggestions of cookies to try. The winner: Enjoy life  gingerbread cookies. They are free from all the allergens we have to avoid, and they taste fairly decent. In fact, LMS horked down most of the box while I wasn't looking :)  Like a lot of things we are able to eat, they are pricey, but for a once-in-a-while treat, that's ok.

I'm also a fan of Enjoy life semi-sweet chocolate chips. Unlike every other brand of chocolate chips I've checked, they don't contain soy lecithin- yay! I actually find them a bit sweet, but the flavor is pretty good. I've been doing some experiments with them, and we were able to make some yummy chocolates for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment