Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I chopped off my hair!

So, remember that one of my goals was to donate my hair to locks of love
We measured it and thought it was long enough, so I made an appointment to get my hair cut.

Unfortunately, when I got there, the stylist said she'd have to cut it really short (buzz cut short) in the back in order to get the minimum length. I didn't want it buzzed in the back, but I'd already made up my mind that I was cutting my hair, so we cut it anyway.

And really, I couldn't handle the headaches and lack of a real hairstyle any longer.

Cutting off all that weight has allowed the curl in back to be way more visible. I've fought it in the past, but I've finally embraced it. I let it flip out wherever it wants now. I rather like it.

Not the best pic (taken at my parents' house), I look like I'm in pain, but I'll try to get a better one soon. My hair flips out over my ears, but again, I'm embracing it, though it's actually a little less flippy since we got back. Guess the humidity is good for something. I do like the hair cut though. I think it makes me look, dare I say, older. Not a bad thing, since I've always looked young (ok, way young) for my age.

A better expression anyway (taken at our house):

No comments:

Post a Comment