Wednesday, May 2, 2018

April Mileage

I need to be speedy like these little turtles- they move fast!

I'm not sure why I struggled so badly in April, but I really had a hard time getting my foot miles in. My total for the month is pathetic: 5.31 foot miles. On the other hand, I did manage 40 miles on my bike. Half an hour on my bike yields so many more miles than an hour walking on the treadmill, though I don't feel like I'm getting as much of a workout, which means it's time to increase my speed and intensity.

After a lot of thought and looking at our busy schedule, I decided not to run a race in April. My lack of foot miles was a deciding factor as well. I'm not ready for a 5k, and I don't want to do it just to do it. I find myself wanting to focus more on quality racing experiences than quantity of racing experiences. My goal for May is get my mileage back up and start building my mileage base so I can be ready for my half marathon in September. I registered for the Great Smoky Mountains half and 5k, but the Shenandoah half won't be held this year (they're moving some of their races to an alternate year schedule to be more efficient with their money and resources).

April mileage:
1 treadmill workout + 1 hike + 1 outside walk + 6 bike workouts = 45.31 miles
52 hike challenge: 4 hikes
365 mile challenge: 85.0 bike miles + 56.91 foot miles
March mileage:
1 treadmill workout + 2 hikes + 1 outside walk + 1 race + 4 bike workouts = 33.43 miles
52 hike challenge: 3 hikes
365 mile challenge: 45.0 bike miles + 51.60 foot miles

February mileage:
0 treadmill workouts + 1 hike + 3 outside run/walk + 1 race + 0 bike workouts = 15.56 miles
52 hike challenge: 1 hike
365 mile challenge: 25.0 bike miles + 38.17 foot miles

January mileage: 
2 treadmill workouts + 0 hikes + 4 outside run/walk + 1 race + 3 bike workouts = 47.61 miles
52 hike challenge: 0 hikes
365 mile challenge: 25.0 bike miles + 22.61 foot miles

No comments:

Post a Comment