Thursday, April 5, 2018

March Mileage

this little dude thinks he's so grown up, wearing his own backpack on our hikes

After no time on the bike in February, I managed to log 20 miles in March, which really helped bring up my total mileage for the month. Illness, recovery, and work tasks conspired to push exercise to the back burner. I don't feel like I did nearly enough exercising, and that needs to change.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I really need to figure out how to get my mileage in and still get all my work tasks completed. Some of it comes down to better time management (I do waste more time than I should), but some of it requires more organization (better defined micro-goals and a hierarchy of which tasks need to be done first) on my part. I've made some progress on that aspect this past month, but still have a ways to go.

I also have the goal of staying healthy this month, since getting sick (and recovering) really interferes with my ability to manage my time effectively and efficiently. Now if I can just get the boys on board and get them to stop ingesting every germ they come across when they suck their thumbs, and then sharing them with me. I blame my little petri dishes for me getting sick so frequently.

March's mileage:
1 treadmill workout + 2 hikes + 1 outside walk + 1 race + 4 bike workouts = 33.43 miles
52 hike challenge: 3 hikes
365 mile challenge: 45.0 bike miles + 51.60 foot miles

February's mileage:
0 treadmill workouts + 1 hike + 3 outside run/walk + 1 race + 0 bike workouts = 15.56 miles
52 hike challenge: 1 hike
365 mile challenge: 25.0 bike miles + 38.17 foot miles

January's mileage: 
2 treadmill workouts + 0 hikes + 4 outside run/walk + 1 race + 3 bike workouts = 47.61 miles
52 hike challenge: 0 hikes
365 mile challenge: 25.0 bike miles + 22.61 foot miles

No comments:

Post a Comment