Monday, March 12, 2018

Weekly Mileage #51

our fearless leader will show us the way, with the help of that map he's intently reading

I actually have mileage to report this week!

On both Monday and Wednesday I did 5 miles on my bike. It's been almost two months since the last time (back in the middle of January), and I could feel that hiatus. Despite that, it felt really good to get back on my bike, and bike miles add up so much quicker than foot miles :)

checking out the river- nothing special today, but still fun to look around

Thursday the kids and I went on a hike at the local trails park. It wasn't a super long hike, but that was a good thing because the hills were killing me. Well, I had Ocean on my back while going up the hills, but it was very obvious that I have lost so much strength and fitness. I know this, and have seen the evidence at other times, but they're still painful reminders.

We explored this root ball from a fallen tree and discussed whether a fox lived in that hole behind Ocean
the kids said yes, I said no

Three workouts in one week is a good start towards rebuilding my fitness and strength, so now I need to make sure I keep it up from here on out.

Ocean caught some leaves with a stick, and when he showed them to me, he said they were marshmallows.
Guess he's craving some s'mores.

Weekly Mileage
Monday- 5 miles on the bike
Wednesday- 5 miles on the bike
Thursday- 1.69 miles hiked
    total-11.69 miles

2 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
46.10 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
35.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment