Wednesday, March 7, 2018

February Mileage

sunset at the end of a run with C


February's mileage was on the pitiful side. Trying to get back in the exercise groove while still recovering from the flu was a challenge, and getting strep just as I was finally feeling good put a stop to those exercise plans. But I got a few miles in and squeezed in a 5k at the end of the month while still recovering from strep, so I'm not unhappy with my efforts.

Being sick and knowing I was losing my fitness base has brought back memories of being sick for so many years in my pre-gluten free days. Remembering what happened every time I tried to do too much too soon back then has made it so much easier to be patient and careful with my health.

Ok, not too patient (I did run that 5k, after all), but I was careful about it, and I didn't get sicker :)

February's mileage:
0 treadmill workouts + 1 hike + 3 outside run/walk + 1 race + 0 bike workouts = 15.56 miles
52 hike challenge: 1 hike
365 mile challenge: 25.0 bike miles + 38.17 foot miles

January's mileage: 
2 treadmill workouts + 0 hikes + 4 outside run/walk + 1 race + 3 bike workouts = 47.61 miles
52 hike challenge: 0 hikes
365 mile challenge: 25.0 bike miles + 22.61 foot miles

No comments:

Post a Comment