Monday, February 19, 2018

Weekly Mileage #50

trying to get a decent pic of the kiddos

better, but not sure what's up with Ocean's stick

Last week I was finally feeling a lot better so I was able to log a few more miles than I've recently managed. By Saturday morning I only had a small amount of crud left in my lungs, though I did wake up that morning with a bit of a sore throat.

In fact, the kids and I finally went on our first hike of the year! Though at 70* it was an awfully warm day for the middle of February: the kids were in shorts and t-shirts, and Sunshine still complained about being too hot :)

It wasn't a long hike, but we did find some very interesting bones and a variety of furry poops (you're welcome for not including pics of those) that we inspected.

we identified a partial jawbone and some vertebrae, but we weren't sure of the rest

That afternoon was also the one evening that worked for C and I to go for a run, so I got two workouts in one day. I was able to run more than I did the week before, but there was still a lot of walking. It felt good to do some hills and push myself.

I was pretty tired on Friday (just like the week before), but I was expecting it, just as I did then, and I took it easy.

sporting their new backpacks from Grandma L

Saturday morning we went running again, on a hillier route than we did Thursday. It was a tough run, but it felt good.

Unfortunately, later that day my throat started hurting a lot worse and I was running a temperature. I felt awful Sunday (fever and sore throat), so I went to the doctor this morning. I'd looked at my tonsils Sunday night and seen the worst white patches I've ever seen, so I was fairly sure I had strep. The doctor didn't even bother swabbing for a culture, he took one look and confirmed my suspicion. Textbook case of strep.

lagging behind in his pursuit of the perfect stick

Mr M had a sore throat and fever too, so he and I are now on antibiotics. I am really hoping this is the last round of illness for a long time. We're so tired of feeling crummy and not having the energy to get everything done. And it's super frustrating to get sick again just as I was finally kicking the flu.

I love Ocean's expression here: Are you coming, Mama?

Weekly Mileage
Thurs- 1.27 miles hiked
Thurs- 3.87 miles walked and run
Sat- 4.05 miles walked and run
    total miles- 9.19 miles

1 hike towards #52hikechallenge
35.13 foot miles towards #365milechallenge
25.00 bike miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment