Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekly Mileage

Ocean powered up this hill 

Last week I managed to be much more active than I have been lately. I hit the treadmill three times and we went on two hikes. I even managed to do some running two of the times I was on the treadmill. I’m still having problems with my plantar fasciitis, so any running I do is a victory, though I pay for it later.

Our first hike we went to the nature park we’ve been to several times since January. Last time we went, back in May, the water level was quite high and some of the trails were flooded. 

under that water was the boards the kids are walking on in the picture below


This time we were hoping to be able to play in the stream, but it was barely a trickle- the lowest we’ve seen it yet. The reservoir was also much lower than we’ve seen it, which Sunshine and I thought was interesting since we’ve gotten a good amount of rain this summer. I think the problem is that the rain comes down so hard and fast that most of it stays on the surface, rather than soaking in.

high, rushing water back in May

disappointed by the trickle



We went on a second hike with our Cub Scout pack. We’d planned on camping with them, but it was pouring rain that day, so we canceled the campout and just held our pack meeting at the pavilion at the campground location. It was pouring rain at our house as we left, but 20 minutes up the road it was dry and sunny. Some things are just not meant to happen: that was the third attempt this summer to hold that campout.

Because it was actually quite a nice evening, we went for a short hike on the trails that surround the campground before heading home. I'd left the Boba carrier in the car, so I let Ocean walk most of the hike. He did really well, other than being quite slow. I carried him on a few occasions to speed things up a bit, but he enjoyed being able to walk so much of the hike.

I forgot my Garmin for both hikes this week, so we'll have to repeat these hikes so I can get an accurate measure of the distance we traveled.

Weekly Mileage
Monday: walked 3.61 miles on the treadmill
Wednesday: ran and walked 4.5 miles on the treadmill
Thursday: hiked about 1.5 miles with the kiddos
Friday: ran and walked 4.65 miles on the treadmill
Friday: hiked about a mile with the Cub Scouts
        total mileage: 15.26ish miles

hikes #31 and 32 towards my #52hikechallenge
390.29ish miles towards my #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment