Monday, April 17, 2017

Weekly Mileage


Monday I spent 4 hours wrestling fencing for the chicken run. The fencing is all in place, but I still need to attach the boards. Despite the sore muscles (100 pound rolls of fencing are so heavy and awkward to work with), I walked two miles on the treadmill in the evening while keeping an eye on the laundry.

Wednesday my friend wasn't able to go for a run, so I ran 4 miles on the treadmill and walked a bit more to warm up and cool down.


Thursday we went for a hike at the multi-use park. We haven't been there for a number of weeks and it was nice to spy out the signs of spring. I let Ocean walk the last portion of our hike, and that was much more successful than letting him walk at the beginning.

gotta pick up some sticks for the trail

Friday I ran another 4 miles on the treadmill. This makes three times I've run 4 miles at a stretch, without stopping. I'm happy with my increased endurance, but I have a ways to go before I can run 13.1 miles without stopping.


Today marks the first official day of my half marathon training. I've been building my mileage back up after being ill, and I'm ready to get going. I need to start including some hill work and some speed work, but I feel like I'm off to a good start.

Weekly Mileage
Monday: 2.07 miles walked on the treadmill
Wednesday: 5.2 miles run and walked on the treadmill
Thursday: 2.22 mile hike
Friday: 3.3 miles walked on the treadmill
Saturday: 4.75 miles run and walked on the treadmill
         total miles: 17.54 miles

12 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
140.11 miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment