Wednesday, April 19, 2017

GAPS v.2017 Week 13 Intro-ish


As expected, I did not do so great last week in my efforts to stick to GAPS. Self-fulfilling prophecy? Probably. In any case, the stores are now almost barren of Cadbury mini eggs and Cadbury caramel eggs, so if I stay out of the stores, it will be easier to resist temptation and be more careful about what I'm eating.


I've been thinking a lot about my eating habits and why certain things are a bad idea for me. As in, eating one piece of chocolate (or candy or starchy carbs) just doesn't work for me. There's something in them that triggers something in my brain, and it tells me to just keep eating all the <sweet, sugary> things. There's not a reliable off switch.

Honestly, it's discouraging. Moderation doesn't work for me in this case- only complete abstinence. But never eating sweets or starchy carbs for an indefinite, extended period of time brings its own set of issues. I've self-medicated with chocolate for years when I'm stressed, and kicking that habit is difficult.When I'm stressed and I want my chocolate fix and I can't have it, it adds to my stress.

On the other hand, if I can get past the first week of detoxing and re-adjusting, it won't be nearly as stressful. I just need to talk myself through that week of adjustment.

I can do it.

I can do it.

I can do it.

aren't River and Ocean the cutest?

No comments:

Post a Comment