Monday, March 6, 2017

Weekly Mileage

Wednesday morning the boys and I were on the playground while Sunshine was at science club

We've been fighting some weird crud for the last week or so. Sunshine got sick first, then River, then Ocean, then me. Fevers, coughs, goopy eyes, low-level sore throats, general feeling of ickiness. You feel crummy, but not horrible. The symptoms are mild enough that I expected them to last just a few days, which makes their longevity puzzling and annoying.

I walked on the treadmill Monday, but by Wednesday evening when I was supposed to go running with my friend I wasn't feeling up for it. I've been waffling back and forth since then: do I feel sick enough to skip my workout, or well enough to do it anyway? I've got a race this Saturday and I want to get a good time, so do I push through some workouts or let my body rest?

but then a microburst moved in and we had to run for the building
we've had a couple microbursts in the years we've been here, but this one wasn't nearly as bad as this one was

I opted for rest the last half of the week, but I will be hitting the treadmill today to see how I feel.

Weekly Mileage
Monday: 3.27 miles walked on the treadmill
     total mileage: 3.27 miles

7 hikes towards #52hikechallenge
76.8 miles towards #365milechallenge

No comments:

Post a Comment