Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas Ornaments


Every year the kids and I make ornaments to give to grandparents and great grandparents.

This year I decided to do a variation of the snowman ornament I found here.

Ocean's snowmen


After spray painting the blocks white, I lined them up in groups of three. 

I had River draw a snowman on one side. I let him do his thing, but had my hand near his to make sure he didn't scribble too much. Then I rotated the blocks and Ocean jabbed the markers on the blocks. I switched out the colors and tried to keep the proper colors in the proper spots. I was somewhat successful :)


River's snowmen

One more rotation, and Sunshine drew her snowmen. She wanted to add a lot of details (see the upper right snowman), but it didn't look like a snowman at that point, so she simplified the rest of them.  

Sunshine's snowmen

Since there’s four sides, I drew a snowman on the fourth side, with the date at the bottom. I wrote the kids' names and ages at the bottom of their side. Sunshine had fun twisting the blocks around and mixing up the snowmen. This project would work better if the boys were a little older, but I think they still turned out cute.


And here's this year's Christmas card. Aren't they cuties?

No comments:

Post a Comment