Friday, July 3, 2015

38 Weeks


July is here and my due date is speeding ever closer. This pregnancy has sped by- no dragging here. Yesterday I hit 38 weeks, so I've got two weeks till my due date. However, Sunshine was induced a week and a half late and River was born 6 days late, no induction needed. I'm hoping this little guy follows suit and takes his time. While I definitely reached the "get this baby out of me" stage with Sunshine (it was a much more problematic pregnancy though), I never did with River, and I don't anticipate it happening with this little one either.


And the comparison photos from River's pregnancy:

While I don't feel like I need to get this baby out now, I'm definitely slowing down. I'm having a lot more pain and discomfort in my hips, which I suspect is related to how much I insist on doing. I have a hard time slowing down and taking it easy and my hips are letting me know they don't appreciate my compulsions.

Luckily the big projects are all finished and now I'm just working on a couple small projects that I'll share once I finish them. Which will hopefully be soon. I'll be able to finish the building portions today or tomorrow, but there's painting and staining that will take a bit longer. My goal is to put away the power tools by tomorrow evening, clean up my messes, and switch modes. Once I paint and stain my wood projects I'll be moving on to some sewing projects. Those are much more flexible and easy to squeeze in while 41 weeks pregnant or adjusting to a newborn.

I've also started "nesting". The other night I got the urge to spend way longer than I should have (and stayed up way later than I should have) cleaning and organizing the basement. Mr M's mom is coming out just before my due date and I wanted to make sure the guest bedroom and bath were ready for her. So naturally I also had to clean the rest of the basement while I was at it.

And I've actually had the urge to clean the bathrooms, which is an urge that I don't usually get. I tend to leave them a bit longer than I should. But next week I think I'll actually give them a deep scrub. After I finish sorting the baby clothes :) There's a definite advantage to having two little boys close together: we have almost all the clothes and gear we need already. I may need to buy a few outfits because of the difference in seasons (middle of the summer versus early fall), but I think we may not need to. Obviously we'll need diapers, but the only things we've bought so far for this baby are a car seat and new swaddle blankets. I love the Aden +Anais blankets we used with River, but since he's claimed them as his blankies (I rotate them so I can wash them without traumatizing him), I don't see him taking kindly to having to share them with his baby brother. Better to just buy a new set.

Physically, I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm just tired from lack of sleep (curse those middle of the night bathroom runs!) and my hips hurt when I do too much walking or standing. I will say that this little guy seems to be able to whack me in the cervix more than River ever did, despite being in the same position as him. Sunshine was in a different position and she was constantly kicking my ribs, something the boys haven't really done. I don't remember River being as energetic in his movements as this little guy, and it can be quite painful when he moves. But honestly, those movements just remind me he's still in there and looking forward to joining us. We have several friends who've had stillbirths, so while I try not to dwell on it, I know we're not out of the woods yet. With my history of miscarriages and infertility I definitely don't need to be thinking about that, but it's still in the back of my mind.

At this point I'm hoping the little guy hangs in there for a bit longer so I can finish up my projects, clean up the house a little more, and organize the baby clothes. I'm still deciding where to store them: he'll sleep in our room for the first few months, then transition into Sunshine's room. Hopefully it'll be more successful than River's transition. I've been looking for a bigger dresser for Sunshine's room, but haven't found one I like that's in our budget, so the baby clothes may just sit in baskets on our dresser until I find a dresser that I like. I don't feel the need to do the whole nursery thing before the little guy is born (we didn't for River either) since they spend the first few months in our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment