Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Mish-Mash of Our Life

Sunshine and River reading a book

I had a busy week: we drove down to visit my sister and helped her while she had surgery, then drove back home, and finished our Halloween costumes, and ran a 5k. All this while trying to do the normal everyday tasks and dealing with sick kiddos. Sunshine just has a cough, but poor River has been snotting and sneezing all over the place. It's quite a change for us since he's never been a runny-nosed urchin. He doesn't appreciate the constant nose wiping and we don't enjoy looking at all the snot. ew! Mr M and I are hoping we don't get sick with all the germs floating around.

We got home from the 5k and I realized I actually have time for a little blogging. But what to write? Next week I'll have some posts about our Halloween costumes and the 5k and probably some pictures I took while at my sister's (she lives in a picturesque little town).

In the meantime, how about a few things from last week?

Saturday was busy. We started out distributing door hangers for Scouting for Food, then headed to soccer. We were late for soccer, but managed to catch about half of it. Since it was the last day, I figured we shouldn't skip it.  Our soccer seasons seem to fly by so fast, it's hard to believe it's already over.

Sunshine was on the same team as two friends from her primary class

Saturday evening we went to the stake road show. Sunshine got to participate in our ward's skit because they needed more participants and pressed the Activity Day girls into service. Sunshine had fun interacting with the "big kids". I took pictures, but they didn't turn out very good since the gym was dark and we were too far from the stage.

Do you remember thinking time just crawled when you were a kid? I do. As an adult, though, time flies. It feels like there's always so much to do yet so little time. Is it just me, or have you experienced the same thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment