Monday, July 22, 2013

Feedly versus Bloglovin

As we all know, Google Reader died recently. I was sad, since I really liked how Reader was organized and the convenience of the Next button.

After doing some reading and googling, I decided to sign up for Feedly and Bloglovin so I could see which I preferred.

Feedly
Feedly shows in a "magazine" format- title, first paragraph and first photo for each blog post.
         This makes it easy to skim through posts and see if you want to read more in depth.
         But if you do want to read more, you have to click on each one, which isn't very efficient in my opinion.

Bloglovin
Bloglovin also shows in a magazine format, but if you click on the title (not the blog name) of the top post, it'll take you to that blog post and there will be a Bloglovin bar across the top that lets you move backward and forward through your unread posts.
yes, I took a picture of my screen. 
I have no idea how to do a screen capture, and no time to figure it out right now :)
     
           I like being able to move back and forth between read and unread posts, and since it takes you to the site, it's easier to see changes that are made to that blog's format
           However, some sites don't work well with Bloglovin- random blogs plus craigslist (I'd saved several craigslist searches in Reader and new posts with related items would show up in Reader) have a hard time loading properly. This could be because of my connection, but since it seems to be the same blogs over and over, I don't think that's the case.
           Bloglovin also has an iphone app that I've used quite a bit. I think it's more functional than the old Google Reader app was, so I like it.

In case you couldn't tell, Bloglovin is the winner so far. What are you using these days? What are the advantages and disadvantages you've found?

No comments:

Post a Comment