Monday, March 4, 2013

Advanced Maternal Age

So, I'm considered of advanced maternal age.

I told my mom that and she laughed. She was 44 when she had my youngest brother.

That may be so, but apparently things go downhill once you turn 35, which happened last year for me.

This means there will be extra genetic testing. I was concerned they would mention amniocentesis, which is not something that is going to happen, but apparently the tests can be done through bloodwork and ultrasounds.

I also get extra ultrasounds (paid for by insurance) during the pregnancy to keep an eye on things.

So I guess there is some benefit to getting pregnant when you're no longer a spring chicken :)

As I mentioned before, I can definitely tell I'm not as young as I was when I was pregnant with LMS. Daily quiet time where mommy lays down for awhile is now being strictly enforced, much to LMS's chagrin. She's not a fan of quiet time.

No comments:

Post a Comment