Monday, February 4, 2013

Pics from Christmas


Snow Angels!


Last year my sister joined us for Christmas, but this year her schedule didn't allow it, so we went to her place.

While driving to my sister's house we ran into a snowstorm. I was driving slowly to account for the roads not yet being cleared and the car in front of us decided to move from the middle lane into the right (unused) lane. It immediately started fishtailing. I'd been watching it since I knew moving into a snowy lane isn't the smartest, and as soon as it started fishtailing, I backed off. It continued fishtailing a bit before spinning out across all three lanes, coming to a stop in the left lane. We were close enough that it spun out across our lane, we passed it, and then it came to a stop in the left lane. 

Let me tell you, that got my heart rate up! Everyone behind us stopped while the car got started up again and went on it's way. Since we were already past it, we just continued on, though I continued driving cautiously.

This reminded me of the incident that happened after our trip to California, though this one was definitely more dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment