Thursday, August 13, 2009

Haircuts, bloodwork, and job prospects

I went running yesterday. It felt good, but I could tell it's been awhile- I'm going to have to work my mileage back up to where I was before we went on vacation.

I gave LMS her 2nd haircut this week. Her first one was shortly after she turned 2, and since we finally got her 3 year pictures done, I decided it was time to cut her hair. It was getting nice and long, but it was also starting to look a bit scraggly on the ends. I only took off about an inch or so, but it looks a lot better now. She does seem to be cursed with the weird flippy-curl thing my sisters and I have. There's a bit of a wave/half-curl on one side in the back, and a bit of a flip on the other side. Hopefully it'll all even out as she gets older.

I was doing some bills earlier in the week: one was from the children's hospital for the blood work we had done awhile ago on LMS. They were trying to bill us for the $878.84 not covered by insurance. That's right, they billed a total of $965.38 for bloodwork! Our insurance paid $86.54, and our EOB says we have a co-pay of $15.28. The billing dep't messed up and was trying to charge us $878.84 instead of $15.28. I called them, they said they'd send out an amended bill and not to worry about it. Good thing, since I was not going to pay eight hundred plus dollars for bloodwork. Minor surgery, maybe. Bloodwork, no.

I've actually been feeling motivated to do some sewing lately. I've bought some fabric for some bags, and today LMS picked out a pattern for a costume for Halloween. I'm going to attempt an 'Aurora' (Sleeping Beauty) dress- I have to find the appropriate fabric first. I'm still itching to do a quilt, but I really don't have the space here.

Job search update:
Mr. M has been doing Guard stuff this week, and since he was actually in the area, he was able to go to Headquarters to try to get stuff figured out. He talked to a friend, who is responsible for approving security clearances in the state, and he said that since it's being investigated for renewal, it's considered active. Which means we can start looking for a real job! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment