Thursday, June 11, 2009

A tornado?

What a day!

After taking hubby in to work this morning, Little Miss Sunshine and I went for a nice run/walk (1 mile of each), where I decided I just could not keep running in my shoes. I've rubbed through the heels of both shoes, and they're just too uncomfortable now. And old and worn out.

So after showering and getting dressed, LMS and I drove to town and I bought new running shoes, some Father's Day gifts, and then we went to WalMart. While we were shopping, we could hear the rain coming down hard on the roof, and at one point it turned into hail. As we went to the checkouts at the front, the hail started coming down harder, and the noise got louder and louder. I stopped and looked towards the doors, and it was dark and very, very windy out there. Everyone else was stopped and looking out the doors, too. The noise got louder and louder and sounded like a train overhead. At that point the employees shooed everyone to the back wall (shoe section, apparently the safest place in the store) to wait out whatever storm was passing over us. We spent about a half hour back there, waiting, but the noise lessened and didn't get worse again, so they let us go about our business. After paying for our things, we walked out and saw that the ground was carpeted with hail and leaves that had been stripped from the trees. The hail wasn't big enough to damage the car, but it was bigger than any I've seen before. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures.

When we got home, I got online to see if I could find anything about a tornado. There were tornado watches all over the area, and I heard people talking about tornadoes in the area, but I haven't yet found anything to back up my thought that a tornado went over the WalMart. All I've found so far just mention thunder and lightening storms and hail. I'll keep looking though.

LMS did fine through out it all. She didn't really like the noise, but it didn't bother her too much. She got a little upset when she saw other people getting upset, but she calmed down pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment