Thursday, February 5, 2009

Busy, busy

Today and Tuesday I rode my bike for half an hour. I think I've said it before, but I am amazed at what a huge difference the clips and bike shoes make. I can maintain a consistently faster spin, I can feel more muscles in my legs being used, and I work up quite a sweat from the extra effort, even though I don't actually feel like I'm using that much more energy.

My shins have been sore from the run on Saturday, so I didn't run or walk on Monday, though I did go for a four mile walk yesterday. The weather was really nice, so I took Little Miss Sunshine out with me. While I really like seasons, and winter, I am enjoying the unseasonably warm weather we've had off and on. It means I can get outside and exercise without freezing my tookus off. We do have days where it's really cold, but since we haven't had enough snow to do anything (like skiing or snowshoeing), this winter has been a bit of a bust.

I've been busy working on the cover for LMS's car seat, but haven't managed to finish it yet. Last night I managed to overload my bobbin, causing it to lose its shape and consequently not work properly in my sewing machine. I spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out what was going on before giving up and going to bed (at about 1 :30 am). This morning I looked at the problem again, and compared the bobbin to some others and figured out what had happened. Put a new one in, and voila! No more problems. Now if I could have just figured that out before I wasted all that time last night....

No comments:

Post a Comment