Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm in for a long night

I've been a bit remiss with posting lately. I'm finding it a bit difficult to get back in the groove of posting every night. I have been busy though: doing research

ok, that was gross. I heard Little Miss Sunshine wake up and cry, which was followed by projectile vomiting on a massive scale. The victims: LMS, her pjs, her bed (sheets, blankets, and pillows), the carpet, the wall, the dresser, and myself. I rushed her into the bathroom and had her stand in the shower. I got her cleaned up (she dislikes her hair being washed on a good day, she was not happy about it tonight. but it was very necessary) and wrapped in a blanket, then I cleaned up her room. YUCK! I really dislike the smell of vomit. I had just finished cleaning her room when she puked again- on the towel and blankets she was wrapped in, and -the real tragedy- on nanny. Another round in the shower, more bedding added to the now quite large pile of laundry I will have to face tomorrow, and more clean up. I wrapped her up again and sat down, just in time for another round- thankfully not so bad, though another towel and blanket and her pink bunny rabbit joined the monstrous pile of laundry. Another shower, and this time I got smart and asked my mom to find a bucket. We've managed to go a little while now with just some dry heaves (her poor tummy is completely empty now) that she used the bucket for. Another shower was not needed, thank goodness. Now she's sitting on my lap while I type one-handed and we wait to see if she's done. It's going to be a long night....

The thing is, I don't remember her ever throwing up before. Poor kiddo has no idea what's going on. I can't think of anything she ate that would do this, and while I do know of a couple kids who've been puking, I didn't think she'd been in close enough contact to any of them to get whatever bug they have. Hope no one else in the family gets it, especially with Christmas just a couple days away.

Back to my original thought: I've been doing some research for my book, which has triggered more good plot ideas. Need to look up a few more things, then I think I'll be ready to start re-writing what I already wrote, and then I can move forward into the story.

I did spend 50 minutes on the treadmill today. I ran and walked 3 miles, which felt good- no problems with my throat and lungs since I was inside. I need to stop being a wuss and get back outside, but I think I'll give my lungs a little more time to acclimate first.

I played my flute in church yesterday. I did a song that was part of the cantata sung by the choir. My mom's the pianist, so it made practicing really easy. I was nervous since it's been quite awhile since I performed in public, but I thought I played well. It was also good incentive to get me practicing again. And LMS likes me to practice after I've put her to bed and she's falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment