Monday, November 3, 2008

Jumpy jumpy!

Saturday we went to my grandfather's memorial service. It was good, and I learned some things I didn't know about him. It was good to see so many aunts and uncles and cousins, as well as some of my siblings. We ended up being gone the whole day, so I didn't get anything else done. Thank goodness for that extra hour of sleep Saturday night!

Yesterday was my first time leading music in Primary. It went pretty well, but it's going to take some getting used to. There's a lot of multi-tasking involved- conducting on beat, keeping the kids engaged, etc. And that's for songs they know. I haven't even started teaching a new song yet. That should be interesting.

Today we went for a four and a half mile run. Well, I ran about four of those miles, and managed to only walk about a half mile. I'm working on running the uphills, instead of walking them. It's definitely a workout, especially when pushing Little Miss Sunshine in the jogger. The weather was really nice, and no dogs came after us, so I was happy. LMS enjoyed saying hi to the horses and playing with weeds (weee, mommy. weee, mommy). The first time she said that, I thought she wanted to go whee, as in bumpy bumpy, or something. Not so much. She wanted me to grab a weed and give it to her to play with.

While LMS napped after lunch, I hauled my massage table to my in-laws' and gave my MIL a massage. She did something to her neck and couldn't turn her head, so she asked me if I could help her out. It went well, I thought, though my table was too low. I forgot that the last person I massaged was my younger brother, who is a big person (6'6" and burly), and I had lowered the table to to get the best possible leverage. My MIL is not nearly as big as my brother, so the table ended up being a lot lower than I needed. Something to remember for next time. It's been awhile since I gave a massage, and it was good to do one again. I really need to get my massage room set up so I can get back into practice. And the money would be nice too.

After her nap, LMS wanted to play outside. So I took her outside and tried to rake leaves into a pile to jump on them. It was too windy though, and they wouldn't stay in a pile. We managed to get a small pile and I tried having her flop on it, but she wasn't really into it. She liked raking the leaves, though. The picture makes it look like it was dark, but it really wasn't, the lighting just wasn't that good.

After we raked leaves for a few minutes, we went around back and played. LMS really likes jumping on the trampoline (jumpy jumpy!).

I looked over my list of gifts we're giving, and realized I only have 3 more to get! (my sister and my BIL, neither of whom have informed me what they want, and the bike that LMS is dying to get). After I finish my post, I have another round of present wrapping to do. Hopefully I can get the last few presents taken care of before we leave for Hawaii (next Friday!!).

While we were out running, I thought about my story, and got a few more ideas that I typed as soon as I came home so I wouldn't forget them. Still have a long way to go, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment