Friday, November 7, 2008

I love to see the temple

I ran errands all morning: picked up the tricycle I found on craigslist for Little Miss Sunshine, found her Christmas pjs, and looked for her Christmas dress (couldn't find the right size, though), took my rings in to get cleaned and replated.

We're blessed to live somewhat close to a temple, and since we were out that direction picking up the trike, we stopped by the distribution center to pick up a few things. As soon as we drove up, LMS started saying 'Temple, Temple!' After buying the things I needed, we walked out of the distribution center, and she said 'go temple, go temple'. She was quite insistent about going into the temple. I had to keep telling her that she couldn't because she's not old enough yet, but when she's older she can go in. We walked around the grounds a bit, but she still really wanted to go inside. I find it interesting the things little children know. She recognized the temple and knew she wanted to go inside. How awesome is that? But I already knew that she knows things. The day I went to the doctor to confirm my last miscarriage almost a year and a half ago, I left her with a friend. When I went back to pick her up, she made such an effort to be upbeat and cheerful and do things to cheer up mommy and daddy. She was just over a year old, but she knew that mommy and daddy were really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment