Friday, August 1, 2008

A sad day

What a sad, sad day. Our daughter is no longer in her crib. She hasn't tried climbing out of it or anything, but I'm starting work on her room on Monday, and the crib is in the way. There won't be room for it in her room, so I'll be moving her into a toddler bed. I took apart her crib and carted it off to the storage unit. She was rather upset when I started taking her bed apart, but then as I put her toddler bed together, she realized that this was her new bed and was no longer upset.
In fact, she was very eager to put pillows on the bed, take her shoes off, and hop on.

I spent the morning working on my quilt, but got slowed down when it came to matching up the final edges. I'm not an exact seamstress, and that seems to be a bit of a problem when doing a pieced quilt. I'm making it work, but I have to do some seam-ripping to get to that point. I have one more edge to match up and then I'll be done. Pics tomorrow.

I swam laps for an hour (just over a mile) while DD was taking her nap, and then while in the locker room, shared some of the wisdom I've gained in my one triathlon with a lady who's doing her first in another month .
Tonight will be a long night. In a couple hours I will be heading to the local Wal-Mart and buying a copy of 'Breaking Dawn', which I will then proceed to read in its entirety (I'm thinking 4 or 5 hours). I pre-ordered a copy, but it won't get here till sometime in September, with the new Christopher Paolini book that comes out in September. Amazon and their silly rules to get free shipping. Anyway, I decided I couldn't wait that long, so am buying a copy tonight, then giving it to my brother for an early birthday present. He wanted to get it also, but has no money, so was quite willing to get it in this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment